Wednesday, August 09, 2006

PySTDF 1.0.0 released

I feel comfortable enough with the stability and structure of PySTDF to make an initial release. This release currently provides:
  • Modules for parsing, indexing and working with STDF data.
  • Several scripts that demonstrate how to use the modules to parse files and more. The stdf2atdf script is a good drop-in replacement for commercial STDF to ATDF converters.
As a library, I think its pretty darned useful for working with STDF data. As an application, "you ain't seen nothin' yet!".

Python 2.4 or greater is recommended.

Windows package: pystdf-1.0.0.zip
UNIX package: pystdf-1.0.0.tar.gz

Installation is typical of most Python distutils-generated packages. Extract the archive, 'cd' into the extracted pystdf-1.0.0 directory, and do:

$ python setup.py install

(On UNIX, you might need superuser privileges to install, or specify a different installation prefix on the command line. Do 'python setup.py install --help' for assistance.)

Windows will install the stdf2atdf script somewhere like C:\Python24\Scripts. UNIX will put it in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin (depending on Python's installation prefix).

1 Comments:

Blogger facdo said...

Hello,
Thank you very much for doing this library and sharing it!
I am doing a wafermap script for the company that I work and currently I am able to generate a wafermap from a .TXT tester datalog, but I should be able to do the same with .STDF files. I am not an experienced programmer and I didn't quite understand how to use your module, but trying to run one of the template scripts I keep getting an error when trying to import 'Parser', from 'pystdf.IO'. It says that it can't import TableTemplate. I am using python 3.6, do you think that might be the issue? Lack of back compatibility between python 2.4 and 3.6?
Any help with my issue will be much appreciated.
Thank you!

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home